The 8th Annual NYC Independent Film Festival is the annual celebration of the true independent filmmaker. From Mary 2-7, 2017, the Festival take will place in the historic center of NYC, Times Square – the perfect home for an event geared toward creating incredible opportunities for independent voices.
#NYCIndieFF provides a showcase for the best independent cinema – from NYC and around the world – including documentaries, short and feature films, music videos, and animated works. For the second year short sketch comedy videos will be presented in a session where filmmakers can perform and workshop their next sketch. The Festival will also present the 10 Short Script finalists in a live-read session.
Join hundreds of indie filmmakers from all over the world in one of the largest celebrations of indie film. The NYC Independent Film Festival will host a variety of events: Panels with industry professionals in Distribution, Film Finance, Music Licensing, and Women In Film, after parties and networking events, live shows and discussion groups, and for the first time a day-long VR experience and innovative art/experimental installation.
In 2017, the NYC Independent Film Festival will award over $10,000 USD in prizes in 14 categories. The Festival is proud to award prizes from SONY, iActing Studios, Film Budgeteers, Final Draft, Inktip, International Screenwriters’ Association, and Talamas Equipment Rentals. Cash prizes will also be awarded to the “Best Director”, “Best Super Short”, and “Best Short Sketch Comedy Video”.
The NYC Independent Film Festival is eager to embrace fresh ideas and storytelling. Join filmmakers who have said their “screening at NYC Indie Film Festival was the best screening experience to date” and enjoyed the “distributors in the audience who loved [their] film.”
The late deadline is December 31st, 2016 – submit your film today!
What’s new in 2017 at #NYCIndieFF
- Talamus Rentals will provide a free 2-week rental of a Panasonic digital camera, valued over $10,000
- Film Budgeteers will provide prizes to all category winners for an online film budget program
- An innovative installation showcasing art/experimental short films with a Q&A with the filmmakers
- A day-long Virtual Reality experience open to the public as well as invited filmmakers
- Short Sketch Comedy finalists will perform live after the screening of their sketches
- International Screenwriters Association will present the ISA Story Award to the Best Short Script winner
NYC Independent Film Festival – 8th edition
May 02 – May 07, 2017
NYC, United States
Submit to NYC Indie FF on FilmFestivalLife
Late deadline: December 31, 2016
(Extended deadline: January 31, 2017)